Australian College of Higher Studies (AUSCHS) takes its obligations under the Privacy Act (1998 C’wlth) very seriously and will take all steps necessary to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information in our possession. Confidentiality of client records is important to the operations of AUSCHS.
AUSCHS collects, uses, and discloses personal information under the following guidelines:
- Information collected is only used for the services we provide including for audit purposes by Quality Branch
- No staff or student information is shared with a third party or other Organisation without Students’ permission, except by law and as per the requirements under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
If student information is required by any other third party, we will obtain written consent from the student prior to the release of any information.
- Students’ assessment results are collected and recorded on the Client Qualifications Register (CQR).
- When accessing personal information, the Student must first provide proof of identity, such as, name, address, date of birth and a driver’s license or other forms of photographic proof of identity. Inspection of Student files held by us may be arranged by appointment.
- All reasonable steps are taken to protect the security of personal information, including taking appropriate measures to protect both electronic and hard copy information.
- No personal information is contracted out under any circumstances.
- AUSCHS must collect personal information, in order to comply with our legal obligations.